Friday, 16 August 2013

OpenGL - How to ensure compatabilty for 2.0+

OpenGL - How to ensure compatabilty for 2.0+

I have been using OpenGL for quite a while and I have noticed almost every
single time I create some program with glsl shaders it acts different on
many machines.. Now I am guessing that is because some machines don't
support them partially or fully. I wanted to know what could I use to
ensure there is as much compatabilty for at least OpenGL 2.1+ and still be
using nice things like shaders and not using fixed pipeline like immediate
mode.
Also I have noticed that on two machines that both support OpenGL 3.2 an
using OpenGL 3.2 functions the outcome is different .. One has artifacts
and one doesn't..
What can I do / use to ensure maximum compatabilty without having to test
on one billion machine to make sure it works an that I don't have to fix
things for specific machines?

No comments:

Post a Comment